Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Round and Round

I am currently in the process of knitting my first project with a circular needle in the round!
Here are a few quick snaps of my hat-in-progress:



I'm thinking spring with my choice of this lovely green wool with flecks of gold! It's been sitting in my stash for way too long and I'm excited to turn this into a hat for myself.

As with any new knitting technique, I found myself feeling nervous and worried I wasn't doing it right at first, but now that I've got this down I'm finding it hard to stop. There are no rows, I can just keep going around and around and around without stopping and turning my work. And there are no annoying needles in the way like with double pointed knitting in the round.
I see more hats in my future...so if you want one, let me know...because I can knit hats now! Oh, and socks too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment