Saturday, October 24, 2009

An exciting week in crafting!

Well it's been quite some time since I've made any updates here. It's been a busy few months, with wedding planning, work, and lots of traveling out of town on the weekends.
Not to worry, I've still found plenty of time for crocheting, knitting, and have even added jewelry making to my repertoire!
This week I took a jewelry class with my co-worker, so I am on my way to making earrings and necklaces! I think this will come in handy come Christmas time :)
Today I went out and bought some beautiful beads and supplies to make them. Pictures to come!

In other exciting news, I am just about to finish a large custom order for my Etsy shop, to be shipped to SWEDEN! I'm so excited that my items will be over in another country for sale in a boutique there. In total, I've made 9 hats and 6 pairs of wristwarmers for this order. I think I'll take a picture of the finished order that I've been working so hard on for the past few weeks.
It will be nice to start working on other projects again, as my other projects got put on the backburner for a while.

Another big milestone...last night I finished my first ever knitted scarf! It turned out really well, despite all of the errors I made with it. Luckily the pattern I used is very forgiving and hides my mistakes pretty well.
Next up on my list....some knitted wristwarmers for myself! Hoping my skills can get me through this project and I can use some of the beautiful hand dyed yarn I bought last month.

Okay time for some hot tea and a bit of crocheting to finish up that custom order. Lots of pics to come soon! Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment