Sunday, March 22, 2009

New season....new blog!!

So I've decided to create a blog detailing my creative and crafty endeavors, mostly for my own purposes, but also to show others what I am up to. This will be my place to post inspirations, ideas, wishes, and document my progress with certain projects that I am working on.
Perhaps I will occasionally write about other things as well...we'll see how things go!

So to start things off...I just finished this pretty and flowery scarf.
(based on a pattern I found http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80995AD.html?noImages=).



I'm hoping to buy a dress form or mannequin sometime soon so I can take better pictures of scarves and things. I think something like this would enable me to show off my creations in a better way:
If there is one thing I struggle with in terms of running my Etsy shop...it is definitely taking the pictures. I've seen some online tutorials for making a light box, so I may look into doing that some day as well.
http://www.planetjune.com/blog/light-tent-for-better-product-photography/

Anyways, here is what I'm currently working on:

I just need to sew in a lining and attach handles and this will a really cute purse!
More updates to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment