Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Knitty

I am officially a knitter!!
Well, kind of. I had my first knitting class last night and it went really well! I'm really excited about it and have been perusing knitting patterns already, planning all of the pretties I will soon be able to make (I hope!).
I've been trying to teach myself to knit for probably 3 years, and have tried (unsuccessfully) to teach myself at least three different times. I can get the stitches okay, but it just feels strange to me, as an avid crocheter. Also I just felt like I needed someone else to watch and someone to guide me through it. So far, so good.

We are supposed to come up with an idea for a scarf we want to make for class.
I think I want to make one of these:



(Found from Etsy Sellers PhylPhil (top photo) and fglass (bottom photo) )


I can't wait to do all of the things with knitting that I can't really do with crochet. Cables, tight (non-holey) stitches, socks(!), and lots of others. But while I am very excited about the prospect of knitting, I think I will always prefer the simplicity and familiarity of crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment